Easy Weeknight Homemade Pizza
One of our weekly go to meals is homemade pizza. Since this is a weeknight pizza, we keep it simple. We buy pre-made crust, pre-made pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese. Also, you can prep your meat ahead of time and keep in fridge. We have also found since we started cooking this on a stone the crust is always perfect!
Check it out!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 pizza crust in a tube (our favorite here)
- 1 jar of pizza sauce (check out Iowa Made pizza sauces)
- 1 package of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 package of pepperoni
- Any other toppings (Mushrooms, Onion, etc)
- Baking Stone (May use any baking sheet as well)
Start by browning a pound of hamburger, when done browning drain any excess
- Roll out your pizza crust on baking stone or baking sheet
- Spread your pizza sauce on the rolled out dough
- Add pepperoni, ground beef and any other toppings. ( great to get the kids involved)
- Top with Mozzarella Cheese
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 400 degrees
- Take out of oven and enjoy!
Photos and video from Purple Ribbon Beef