- 1 pound cooked Ground Beef
- 4 medium red, yellow or green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions, drained
- 1/2 cooked white or brown rice, cooled
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of GGX
- Chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Coat a large baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. Heat oven to 475°F. Cut tops off bell peppers; set tops aside. Using a paring knife, carefully remove the membranes and seeds from bell peppers. Arrange peppers about 2 inches apart in prepared baking dish. Salt & pepper peppers. Place tops on empty peppers. Cover baking dish tightly with aluminum foil; bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven; cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef GGX seasoning, onion, garlic and Worcestershire sauce; cook 3 to 4 minutes, breaking beef into crumbles and stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes, rice, tomato paste, dried parsley, salt and black pepper; cook 3 to 4 minutes until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Remove pepper tops. Divide beef mixture evenly among peppers; replace tops. Bake in 475°F oven 17 to 22 minutes until instant-read thermometer inserted into center of beef mixture registers 160°F and bell peppers are tender.
- Garnish as you wish. A couple ideas are fresh parsley, mozzarella cheese then place back into oven under broiler to melt cheese.
Cooking Tip: Choose peppers that stand on their own